A richly decorated Roman helmet from the early 4th century CE. The object is made of gilded iron, luxuriously decorated with jewels and ornaments made of glass paste and Greek inscriptions on the edges.
The object was found in the village of Berkasovo in northern Serbia. The discovery was made by a woman in 1955, along with other helmet and riding equipment. Scientists suspect that the helmet was worn by cavalryman belonging to the unit of emperor Licinius (ruled in 308-324 CE).
Currently, it can be admired at the Museum of Vojvodina in Novi Sad.